Just moved, powered on Glowforge, and waiting

We just moved and I plugged in my Glowforge to set it up and it hasn’t auto adjusted the lens from center or anything for at least 15 minutes now.

Am I being too impatient or did I miss something? I need to get this thing on the new wifi network, don’t know what else I can do right now.

It won’t move until the WiFi is set up. Go through the full setup procedures again.

1 Like

I went through them and are waiting for the button to on so I can proceed but nothing is happening. I just turned off and inspected the head and connect and reconnected and turned it back on.

It’s been a minute since I did this, does it just take a while for the button to glow blue?

Not sure what you mean here. Did you press and hold the hardware button for ten seconds to reset the wifi until it turned teal?

1 Like

I have not yet, no. I am following first time setup instructions. Should I depress the button even though it isn’t on yet?

Yes. If your wifi setup has changed, you will need to press the button to get it to reinitialize. First time setup does it automatically. After that you have to press and hold.

7 Likes

That did it! Thanks much!

5 Likes

Thanks for the answer @marmak3261 . I’m going to close this thread - if the problem reoccurs (or if you have any other trouble), go ahead and post a new topic.

1 Like