Just received my glowforge and it will not print, just says too cold

I just got my brand new glowforge all set up and went to do my first test print, the gift of good measure but the machine just says too cold, has a amber light on the button, and does not show anything on the print bed from the camera, it’s just black. My house is 75 degrees it’s maybe 78 outside. I tried turning it off and back on and also disconnected and reconnected the ribbon strip. Other than that, I’m stuck and have no idea what to do. Thank you for any help you can provide.

1 Like

Which model do you have? I wonder if it’s just showing the wrong error – if it’s a basic or plus, it’s probably too warm to print, since 75ºF is the upper limit of its temp range, and with the warmer air outside coming through the hose, it’s likely a bit over that inside the unit.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply, it is a Basic model. I turned up the AC in the house to get the temp down and I’ll see if that helps. Should the app be showing an image of the printbed or does that not work too when it’s too hot or cold?

I think the print bed should show up either way. BTW I’m not staff, just another user. But you’ve opened a support ticket by posting here, so they’ll be along soon. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just to follow up if anyone else has this problem. Support is sending a new one because the sensors are reading that it’s much, much colder than it actually is.

2 Likes

Dang thats a bummer was hoping it would be something simple but sounds like there is a poor connection somewhere inside the machine.

1 Like

Hi @JessicaBujazia. I’m sorry that you ran into this issue with your new Glowforge. I saw you opened an email ticket and reached out through chat earlier this morning. To avoid any miscommunication or confusion, I’ll go ahead and close this thread and will follow up with through email and will be in touch soon. Thank you!

1 Like