Kabob Skewere Basket Jig

Hello Community. I was just wondering if anyone has a jig to engrave on the wooden handle of a Skewer/Kabob basket?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Respectully,

There’s no international standard for size and shape of a skewer/kabob basket handle, so there cannot be a standardized jig for it either. A jig is typically something you make yourself, as cutting it and using it are part of the same process when it comes to using a jig to align an engraving. What were you hoping a premade jig would do for you?

6 Likes

Well I was hoping there was a premade jig that I could use to be able to engrave on the handles. I was looking for something like a pencil jig. That is why I reached out.

Welcome to the forum.

Share the specs of the skewer/kabob basket you are intending to engrave, please.

1 Like

The dimensions of the skewer basket is list below:

49.3 x 4.6 x 3.7 cm
Skewer Basket|435x250 Skewer Basket

So if I am reading this right, the basket is nearly 2" tall? You are going to have to remove the crumb tray and the dimensions are going to present a challenge in that the wooden handle is going to be close to the side margins which may result in limiting the engrave space. A quick solution would be to make veneer stickers to place on the handle. A more complicated solution would involve something like this: Grid jig to make another jig

6 Likes

There is no way that will fit in the machine. If you can remove the wooden handle piece for engraving, then measure it, you can easily make up a jig.

1 Like

I must be missing something. It’s 49.3 cm or 19.4" x 4.6cm or 1.8" x 3.7cm or 1.45" - I’d take out the tray and just put something under the wooden handle to support it. Typically the handle on these is in line & level with the top of the basket so it won’t need to be raised up by itself causing the basket to obstruct the head.

3 Likes

I should wear my glasses… :rofl:

I read it as 49", not cm.

3 Likes

(and I generally work in mm, not inches - it’s all I’d known before moving to the US!)

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 32 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.