Keep Calm and Wash Your Hands

IMG_3035

Usually I make stuff for my doctor and his staff and bring it along when I go. This morning he postponed my appointment for at least 2 months. Still I think I can do a drive-by delivery (throw it on the front counter without touching or breathing).

I used the Keep Calm font from dafont. It’s just a little wider than 1.5" so the pin back fits.

For personal use only - as per forum rules!
keep calm.svg.zip (123.8 KB)
keep calm.pdf (8.9 KB)

24 Likes

Useful, thanks!

2 Likes

Love it!

2 Likes

Too cute! :smile:

2 Likes

Very timely. Thank you!

2 Likes

I actually have about 10 of these tiny little bloodwood offcuts and this will be perfect! Thanks!

6 Likes

Awesome! Thanks for showing me - I was just thinking “hope someone uses this.” And there you are! :smiley:

3 Likes

Ironic

4 Likes

I dig it lol. One of my best friends is a pharmacist, I think he needs one of these!

3 Likes

I spend a lot of time washing hands. Mine and the grandchildren. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thank you!

2 Likes

I bet! :open_hands:

2 Likes

I had some trouble with the files, and tried to modify it but it was giving me trouble, even after removing the extra hidden text. After spending a certain amount of time playing with it my decision was that I should probably just make my own version… So here it is, designed to fit on our ID badge. Thank you again for the awesome concept.

1 Like

Sorry you ran into issues! Curious though… which file did you use? In Inkscape I usually use a few layers, but turn them off before saving the file for posting. Not aware that it would carry through with the invisible stuff…

I wanted to modify it to put that extra hole for the ID badge, and the PDF seemed to be rasterized, and the SVG pixelated the text even after downloading the font and then had super weird behavior after importing it into the glowforge gui , placing them in random spots that were not in the file and clustering them together. Even after the one image was copied and pasted into a brand new blank slate file it still acted strange. As I said I troubleshooted it it longer than it took to type it out and make two boxes. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ok, I see more or less what happened. pdf’s are notoriously hard to pull apart. An option would have been to use the svg and resize it (inkscape vs illustrator) and add the hole. Or, save the pdf as a jpg and convert online with svg converter. Glad you got it figured out! Looks good!

1 Like