Kitchen Match Box Bin

Well done! Really like the design :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Need to pay off my old debts. Some folks need to be watching for a PM from me:

14 Likes

Behind in the forumsā€¦ I had completely forgotten about this and I am really quite tickled about it.

3 Likes

That is epic!!

2 Likes

I made another copy and glued it together and did some artwork for the front. Fiat Lux is let there be light from Genesis. The tree is from LotRs. The white tree of Gondor. In the Tolkien mythology, the tree in Gondor has a heritage linking it to the creation of the sun and moon. Light and darkness are huge themes in his writings and are certainly expressions of Judeo-Christian themes. A lot for a match box but this is what it represents.

Detail of the keyhole pocket.

41 Likes

These are cute. I really like them.

3 Likes

These are gorgeous! I love that you embellished a lowly matchbox bin with such eloquence and meaning. Our daughter sings in a vocal group named Ad Lucemā€¦toward the light. Latin gives such a beautiful mystery to things.

6 Likes

that is gorgeous!

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a favoriteā€¦you need to be making some of those for your giftsā€¦ sweeeeet! :relaxed:

5 Likes

I agreešŸ˜‹

4 Likes

Lovely design, just lovely.

5 Likes

Love the keyhole pocket. Excellent way to show the utility of cut and engrave together. Well done!

9 Likes

This is really beautiful!

4 Likes

Very nice!
Embellishment on even the most ordinary items is what sets them apart. Well done, and thanks for all the sharing. It really helps with the wait!

4 Likes

I donā€™t think I have used an actual matchstick since Girl Scouts when we dipped them in wax to make them waterproof! Seeing the progression of this project and how the design developed is really interesting - strike cutouts, tab work, engraving accuracy, living hinge, the key hole ā€¦ everything you have been able to incorporate into one piece makes this a great example of capability!

10 Likes

Your engraving looks awesome! I think that I like the darker color better than the lighter brown color that I see lots of the time. The design of your match box has all of the cool design elements that the laser cutter excels at. Thank you for showing it. :relaxed:

4 Likes

LOTR inspired tree?

2 Likes

Thats beautiful!!

1 Like

Wonderful design on this. Bravo!

1 Like