Knife sheath

Tried a simple knife sheath. First time really working with leather on the glowforge. Love the 1mm stitching holes and the scoring. I think this will save me a lot of time prepping leather.

Did prototyping for the pattern on some thick box cardboard.

I have added the SVG if anyone else wants to have a go. Its for a blade 32mm across by about 115mm long. You should be able to stretch it a little in the new interface.

Sheath 32mm

53 Likes

The finished sheath is very nice.

2 Likes

Nice work I bought the machine for this reason and it help me allot with my leather work.

2 Likes

Turned out awesome

2 Likes

That looks great! I’m working on my first real stitched leather project now, and it’s so satisfying seeing it come together!

3 Likes

That looks amazing!

2 Likes

Awesome! Great job! Is that 5 oz leather? Your stitching looks great :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Yes about 2.5mm thick

2 Likes

Beautiful! Showed it to my husband, and he’d like me to make him one now…

3 Likes

Turned out great!

This is so nice!

A simple concept executed really well. #necrogame

This came out really nice. I speak out of complete ignorance here: Does the long, narrow strip go between the sewn edges?

Very nice work.

Yes it does. It’s called a welt and used to protect stitching from the edge of the blade.

Thank you for explaining.

Hi I was wondering how you made this. I need to make some sheaths for my work knives

1 Like

Hey welcome to the community!

The original author of the thread hasn’t been on the forum in a while, so they may not reply right away. In the meantime, this thread has some build details in it, maybe the previous replies answer your question?

If not, one of us may be able to help if you have a specific question that hasn’t been asked or maybe some more details about what you meant. This sort of sheath is fairly common so chances are someone will have some experience that they could share to help you.

3 Likes

The original post includes the file for this sheath. It appears you simply fold and stitch - including the weld. Then you add the belt loop.

2 Likes