Knocking noise upon after turning the device On

I just received my Glowforge Plus. The box was on its side and damaged upon arrival. Is the knocking noise after turning it ON a normal sound?

Thank you,
Kim

The machine click/taps while focusing, with a regular patten - several rounds of three clicks. Then it begins the homing process - although not until you’ve completed the wifi setup process.

If the box was damaged, however, you probably should have refused delivery. You should definitely share pics of that so support can assess.

1 Like

Hi Thank you for the information. Unfortunately, FedEx left it without me knowing they were dropping it off. I would have refused at that point if I was there.
If this knocking noise is common then I won’t be worried. It would be helpful if I can knew what normal noises the device makes by the Glowforge.

Thank you again for your information!

Complete the setup and see if it prints OK.

Mine was sitting on a short side for a couple of days at the UPS depot. Three years later, still prints perfectly.

1 Like

I will t4ry it out and let you know how it turns out!

Thank you!
KIm

2 Likes

Oh no! I’m so sorry for the way your delivery was handled. I’ve just sent you an email with the next steps, so I’m going to close this topic.