Knot your typical nightlight

I’ve always loved Celtic knotwork and I planned to use it in my designs from the time I first preordered my Glowforge. I finally incorporated it into a couple of nightlight designs and I thought I’d share.

68 Likes

That tree of life is really good. I always forget this veneer+acrylic trick, it’s nice.

7 Likes

Both look great, but I really love the tree!

8 Likes

These are beautiful!

5 Likes

Oh yes lovely! The lines in the acrylic really make both of them pop!

7 Likes

Beautiful work! I love them both!

4 Likes

love 'em! great job!

6 Likes

I love Celtics knots…wonderful Idea

4 Likes

I love everything Celtic myself. Those are really great.

5 Likes

Lovely!

3 Likes

I love your designs, especially the tree, looks very cool!

3 Likes

Great idea with the veneer. Nice job.

3 Likes

Ohhhhhh, lovely! Thanks for the inspiration, gotta try that.

2 Likes

Beautiful!

1 Like

Beautiful!!

1 Like

i didn’t even know it would work

1 Like

very lovely. i love Celtic knot work too. i learned to tie them with cord, but I havent mastered it with wire yet.

1 Like

I know how to draw a few basic shapes and I have a Celtic knot font that I use to make more complex shapes. I then warp and reshape those designs with Adobe Illustrator to create unique designs.

It’s fun, but, not being an artist, is time consuming for me. The Tree of Life design took almost three days total time for me to design. There is a lot of trial and error. Mostly error.

Thank you all so much for the positive feedback. It means a lot.

4 Likes

I know. I can’t draw or anything, everything has to be searched for in a file, then deconstructed, re-constructed, edited…

1 Like

Really elegant design! I’m curious about your layering technique. Am I correct that it’s a sandwich:

1. Medium Acrylic with vector scoring in front
  2. Wood Veneer
  3. Medium Acrylic, no scoring

?

2 Likes