Large Earring Display - that ain't no joke!

Nice display! I noticed youre from Sacramento! I live here as well and am new to the glowforge. Any tips?

2 Likes

MegaMeg! Great work and perfect creativity! I want to see that necklace display as well if you’re sharing! :heart_eyes:

So, I opened your file in Inkscape, created my own text on top and bottom pieces, then saved as .svg… Now the GFUI opens the text for engraving, but it switched the cut lines to engraves as well and tells me bitmaps can only be engraved. What did I do wrong? I’d GREATLY appreciate any insight you could give me…

EDIT: No longer a problem, and I got it made! Very nice freebie! Thanks so much!
Rae

1 Like

Thank you for the share, love your variety of earring designs too. Nice job!

1 Like

oh, yeah! i’m planning on a yard/craft sale and i have tons of earrings Ive made. thanks!
(sorry about the acrylic!)

2 Likes

Thank you for this file @MegaMeg. I cut it today and it came out perfectly. I live in Sacramento too! :smiley:

2 Likes

I am using maple hardwood. I am on 100 full power. The cut did not go through.

1 Like

Bummer. Sometimes hardwood takes multiple passes. My original design was on medium maple ply. If you’re using PG hardwood, make sure your lenses have been cleaned recently. If I’m having cut issues with PG wood, it’s usually because my laser is dirty.

1 Like

Nice to virtually meet you! See you around the maker circuit someday perhaps :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey Jordan, welcome! The best tip I can give you is to practice on cheap material before using the good stuff. So many times I thought I had a flawless design, but it required tweaks to make it the best design it could be.

The best part of the Glowforge community is that it is ACTIVE and you’re bound to always get great advice if you’re asking great questions. The search feature is a lifesaver.

4 Likes

I have a Mac is there another way to download this file?

1 Like

The kind of computer you are using does not matter. Right click the file and save as SVG.

3 Likes

Thanks so much for sharing and this is perfect for display!

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing the file!

2 Likes

My pleasure!

1 Like

For Mac use control key+click, or right-click on mouse, or two finger click on trackpad.

1 Like

Such a nice design! Thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

very cute. thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Very useful!

1 Like

I love you so very much right now! Thanks for the file.

1 Like

Love the display but love the earrings more!

1 Like