Large engraved map

So this is an old project that I never posted, here goes:

Baltic birch, vary power, original artwork. Final size of the triptych is 18.5x22”. Took forever to engrave.

It was a long time ago so I don’t recall many more details.

36 Likes

I forgot to share “this old thing”.

Wow, this is a nice looking piece of work. The wood is lovely.

8 Likes

It’s lovely!

3 Likes

OK,

-Work of art: Check

-Bananas for scale: Check

Rating: OUTSTANDING!

What’s a ‘Wenden’?

8 Likes

WOW that is amazing! Don’t hide that stuff from us man! :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

Wenden was the name of the fictional setting of the D&D campaign that my girlfriend was DMing.

She’s a professional artist and drew that map in photoshop. It’s humbling to see someone with hand skills like that.

4 Likes

That looks really, really good! I know when I’ve engraved on BB, I use 1000/90/vary/270. I’ve had really good results with that.

These files are from Travis at TNALaser on Etsy. These are the settings he uses, and I’ve found they work really well.

4 Likes

Welp, I guess we’re going over to BTM if we’re talking about settings :wink:

2 Likes

Yep, sorry 'bout that. Wasn’t thinking. Guess that’s what happens when I’ve literally just spent 4 hours reading catching up on all the posts that piled up! I wasn’t paying any attention to the heading it was under. Oops! Thanks for your nudge!

1 Like

No, it’s all good. Sharing settings helps people who are starting out.

I recommend testing for pretty much everything… but especially with engraves there are so many options that it’s hard to get it “right” without a little guidance at first. You’re doing the community a solid :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That’s one awesome map! And kudos to your girlfriend’s artwork.

5 Likes

She’s really good, this is also her art:

5 Likes

This looks great! Kudos for making it through the engraving on such a large project.

Her work is incredible!

2 Likes

The detail is great! Very nice artwork, I’m sure that was fun to see come to life.

2 Likes

Engraving looks great. Not familiar with that particular map though.

4 Likes

It’s original, so you wouldn’t be :slight_smile:

2 Likes