Laser came forward and hit the door

Ok guys having my first issue with my machine. I hit the start button to start my project. It did like 2 lines and went into cooling for 30 minutes. So I went ahead and cut it off thinking maybe let it reset or something. So when I cut it back on the laser came forward all the way and kinda pushed into the front door of the machine it knocked it of the tracks. Now I’m affraid to even turn it back on. I did put it back up on the tracks though

Sounds like the head just started in the wrong position.

Turn the machine off. Gently move the head by hand back to the original home position in the upper left hand corner of the bed. (Don’t push it back too tightly, just get it into that general area.)

Then turn the machine back on, and let it run through the startup calibration completely before you try to run a job again.

If you have to cancel a job mid-print and turn the machine off, move the head back to the home position before you turn the machine back on.

4 Likes

Thank you so much

2 Likes

Generally this occurs because the image analyzing algorithm thinks the head is in a different place than it actually is. Some of the things that can cause this are a dirty lid camera, stray light coming into the machine causing odd shadows, and holes in the material that the algorithm misinterprets as the head.

3 Likes

I’m glad you resolved it! I’m going to close this thread. If you run into any other trouble, please start a new topic, or email us at support@glowforge.com. We’re here to help!