Laser cut Cinemagraph

Created a cool laser cut shadow box with a digital background I edited in After Effects. Has 4 overlapping individual cuts for depth. Framed it in the office. It came out amazing, pictures really dont do it justice. Need to add some lighting effects, but other than that its pretty neat. Best part is the frame is swappable, so I can remove the GOT face and swap in a Christmas themed one for the holidays, then stream another custom video

58 Likes

haha dang, and here I am making tokens

17 Likes

It’s gorgeous!

But I don’t understand what I’m seeing. What was laser-cut? Is that some sort of video display in a frame? What kind of ingredients make up this delicious meal?

7 Likes

That is Epic!

6 Likes

You know what this reminds me of? Those morphing paintings in the Harry Potter films.

Incredible effect! :sunglasses: :+1:

8 Likes

Jaw drop! That is amazing to watch.

5 Likes

Yep, its laser cut printed foam board with a digital screen as a backdrop. The same stuff I’ve done before with wood, just mixed up the process a little bit. Its hard to tell in the images, but the depth from screen to front image is about 1.25 inches

9 Likes

HS that’s epic!

5 Likes

Okay, yeah… If I look closely I can see the layers I think. Definitely hard to tell in the photos. So… Yeah… I think you’ll just have to send me one so I can really see what’s happening. :wink:

9 Likes

Party at Fluffin’s house!

7 Likes

Haha, fair enough. If you zoom in on the text you can see the layers through the acrylic. The text is also layer engraved and painted black, so there is a revealing effect with the smoke in the background

2 Likes

This probably shows the project a little better. The overlay is switchable with other cutouts

22 Likes

You need to up your game. 65" display panels are selling for as little as $400. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

That wouldn’t fit between the two doors!

1 Like

Then I guess you’ve got no choice but to renovate!

6 Likes

This was more of a proof of concept, but i already have orders for 3 before christmas so ill do a 42 inch 4k when i get a chance. I have a 3d resin printer i need to spool up… my ultimate goal is to have 3d prints as centerpieces, laser cut all the ornamental stuff, mount it all on digital backgrounds. Its a beast though

6 Likes

Ahhh yes… maybe a harry potter themed one next :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This is truly outstanding! And yes, I too thought of Harry Potter newspapers, etc.

1 Like

Even just the background image happening is a mind-blower only to be multiplied by the foreground :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head:

2 Likes

And what, may I ask, is actually playing the video? Is it stored on USB? Does the display simply play the video when you turn it on?

1 Like