Laser Died :(

I jinxed myself. I was just thinking about how this laser was doing a decent job, and then it went and died on me. I was running a typical job, no more than 6mins, and as it’s warmer here, the typical needs to cooldown message popped up. It wasn’t more than a minute later before it decided to start running, so I was letting it do its thing, when maybe 30 seconds in, there was a relatively loud popping noise, and then everything turned off in the laser.

At first I thought it was a power loss, as we’ve had a couple of those lately, but never when the machine was running. Then I realized my computer, A/C, and monitor are plugged into the same surge protector, and only the laser had turned off. So I thought, maybe it’s just needing more power, tried replugging it in, turning the other stuff off, and nothing. Switched to another outlet with only the laser, and still nothing.

I sit right next to it while it’s running, especially since I’ve seen others’ machines going up in flame, and so the popping sound startled me. It seemed to come from the right side. I was cutting Proofgrade acrylic, so the only smell I could get from it was that, no electrical burning type smells, and upon inspection, nothing seems to be burned or damaged. If I had to bet, I’d say the power supply blew.

Anyway, I’m just glad it’s not during the holiday season, so if there was a “good” time for this to happen, it’s now. I’ll wait for ideas and thoughts and a response, but until then, I guess my laserin’ days are on pause :cry:

1 Like

Aw man, sorry to hear that.

3 Likes

Total bummer.

4 Likes

Ouch! Hopefully support can get a replacement out ASAP. I know you suffer the same shipping issues I do, so good luck.

3 Likes

Aw crud. :neutral_face:

3 Likes

SO sorry that happened. How utterly disappointing. I hope it will be resolved quickly for you.

2 Likes

Again I jinxed myself :expressionless: Apparently a friend of my wife, whom she hasn’t seen in a while, was visiting us, and typically I would make something for guests. At least they enjoyed the other little things laying around…guess I’ll just keep my big dumb fingers quiet before something else happens :woozy_face:

2 Likes

That would flip my world upside down.
At least you can fly (Mavic?) to help fill that gap. Got any footage to share?

Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.