Laser Gift Box Patterns on Etsy

This Etsy shop (Weijcke) sells SVG / PDF files of box designs to laser cut (most are under $5). I’m sure I’ll be purchasing quite a few from them when my GF arrives! It will be great to whip up the perfect custom gift box to go with all the last-minute custom gifts :gift: :grinning:

27 Likes

Holy cow, don’t pay for them! There are free box templates all over the internet. (Including that one)

Go look in the Free Files section - I’ve got links to Free SVG file sites.

18 Likes

oooooh, thank you!

3 Likes

Link:

11 Likes

bookmarked! and also saved locally where I keep useful links for GF :relaxed:
you guys are wonderful :hugging::glowforge:

9 Likes

To be clear…

We (forumites) all fully support buying patterns from people who originate them. Support those creative types!

We just don’t support tossing your money at someone who collected a few freebies online and repackaged them with a price tag. And in this case, I haven’t heard of Weijcke, and the box pattern is pretty simple, so I doubt they originated it in any manner.

14 Likes

well said - all good points

3 Likes

There is some work involved to turn a dingbat or box pattern into a clean cuttable (or laserable) SVG file, but not $5 per.

We used to sell our patterns for a couple of bucks, and only because Paypal hit you with a pretty hefty seller fee. Those kinds of things are worth a buck or so, only for the re-design work involved, and the time you spend on it.

But like you said, some of those are freely available elsewhere. If folks want to spend the time to clean them up themselves, they can save a couple bucks. (We found that most folks would rather spend the two bucks than the time. It’s why Silhouette was so successful. Their pricing was just right.)

Of course the designers got practically nothing.

6 Likes

I’ve been coming across a lot of templates that are completely free that I also see on ebay and etsy. I’m rather quite amazed people buy these things instead of doing a little hunting around the internet. I am amassing quite a collection in preparation for my Glowforge.

3 Likes