Laser is not firing, laser tube is not lit, no movement and dashboard is frozen on canceling

Hello, last night I noticed that the laser was not printing although it as moving, I used all of the tips and tricks on here and I was able to get one more print. Then I attempted another print and again nothing. All night and this morning I attempted to rest it. Nothing is working and now the laser will not move/ focus etc. I’ve cleaned all mirrors, the fan in the back. Removed tray etc. I’ve had it for 3 weeks and I’m disappointed that this ha happened.

Glowforge support will be along to help you, but while waiting can you verify that when you turn the machine on nothing at all happens - no fans, no lights, no movement.

When I turn it on the lights on the side are on, it sounds like it’s about to start doing something but that’s only a second or two. The laser doesn’t move at all. And my screen is still stuck on yesterdays proofgrade and there is nothing in the machine.

Have you restarted your router. Turn everything off - Glowforge, router, computer. Turn router back on and let it completely reboot, then restart your computer, turn the Glowforge on and finally open the Glowforge app. It sounds like complete voodoo, but what have you got to lose at this point?

Nothing to lose…….but nothing was gained. I restarted the router and even shut off and unplugged GF. Thank you

Sorry.

Thank you for trying. Ive tried everything that I can find information on.

HI @jbsmalls39. I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been encountering some trouble with laser not firing when you try to print on your Glowforge. I saw you had opened an email ticket for this issue, and just responded to that with some next troubleshooting steps. To avoid any potential confusion or miscommunication, I am going to close this thread, and continue working from your open email thread. I’ll look forward to your response on there. Thank you!

1 Like