Laser isn't firing

Hi all - My GF Pro has been working great for the 3 months I’ve had it. Two days ago, during an engraving (54 min run time) on Walnut (which I’ve done several times in the past), stopped engraving about 7 min in. The printer head continued movement as it should, but the was no laser firing.

I cancelled the job, and shut it down. I cleaned the fans, the lens, the mirror and the crumb tray. I also looked for any scratches/cracks/damage, and didn’t find any. I have several orders I need to get moving on. Any other pointers? Thanks all.

Try running the Gift of Good Measure - presuming it doesn’t print - post here the time you ran it and pictures of the front and back. That way a staff member can look at your logs and see if the laser tells them anything from the back end.

Sadly if it’s actually no longer outputting that’s an issue with the power supply and will require a trip back to the mothership for repair - so fingers crossed the GoGM prints and it turns out to be an issue with your art or something!

Thank you deirdrebeth!

I ran my machine at 11:50 am CST for the “Gift of Good Measure” file. The printer head completed its normal movements, but the laser did not fire. Looking at the laser tube, I can normally see it firing in the tube, and I’m not seeing it there either.

Hopefully a Staff Member has a simple fix. This is my sole source of income.

@ALL - Does anyone happen to live near NW Arkansas?

1 Like

According to this there are a few folks vaguely in that area…

1 Like

@calebddover I am so sorry your Glowforge printer laser is not appearing. Thank you so much for reaching out and speaking to me today. It looks like you sent us an email regarding this issue. I’m going to go ahead and close this forum post and follow up with you there.