Laser Not Cutting All The Way Through

For some reason, in the past couple of weeks, my Glowforge seems to not be cutting all the way through on Medium Draftboard and Thick Draftboard. Any thoughts on why this is happening? It is a real pain, because it means I have to do the cutting part of my designs twice.

Check for warp? It can get worse over time if you live in a humid area.

1 Like

I thought of that and checked it out. The wood seems to be flush to the tray. Also, it is every piece that I put in there and not just an occasional thing.

This might be indicating a need to clean the windows and lens. Have you done that yet? I can see my power dropping off (in cuts) when they are in need of cleaning.

4 Likes

This is what I did and it worked.

1 Like

I generally glance at the two windows before turning it on.

1 Like

We just got ours Thursday and first print worked great. Since then we haven’t had much luck cutting through anything. Pro unit, proofgrade took three passes to go through the maple.

I’m so sorry your prints aren’t cut all the way through.

Can you try cleaning your unit like others have suggested? You can find instructions in our troubleshooter.

Once you’ve inspected and cleaned, please try another print. We included an extra piece of Proofgrade Draftboard with your materials shipment for troubleshooting. Please print the Gift of Good Measure on Proofgrade Draftboard and let us know the result. If it doesn’t print well, please let us know the date and time of your print and send photos of the front and back of the print.

Thank you.

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.