Laser not cutting as shown in Program

After I aligned my cut on cardstock and input all my settings , everything looked good for printing. As soon as I hit print The first cut was about 1 inch out of alignment. from then on everything was off. Can anybody give me some advice on this. Thnx

A number of possibilities. The most common… If the head was even slightly bumped after calibration it will ruin the alignment. Power the unit off and back on. Let it go through recalibration and reprint to see if the problem is solved.

3 Likes

Thank you I’ll try that Hope it works. I did have a weight on the card stock and it hit the lens.

The collision was likely your problem. The head is no longer where it was commanded to move; being an open-loop system, it doesn’t have feedback when something like this happens and where the head has moved to, so everything in the future (until you reboot and it recalibrates) will be off by that corresponding amount (unless it has another collision returning to zero, which will create additional offset).

I had that happen yesterday too; I thought it was the beta font in the dashboard. But I now believe it was because I removed the tray and didn’t adjust for it. Everything is fine now that it’s back in ¯_(ツ)_/¯

4 Likes

Thnx to all who replied I’m back to normal operations.

I’m so sorry to hear that you’ve hit this snag, and I apologize for the delay in response. I’m so glad to hear that the advice provided by the community helped, and you’re no longer running into the same snag.

I’ll close this thread for now, but please don’t hesitate to reach out to us directly at support@glowforge.com if you happen to run into any more trouble. We’re here to help!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.