Laser not cutting, scoring, or engraving

I was finally able to run the “gift of good measure keychain” job and the machine went through all the motions, but nothing happened. There was no light in the tube therefore no beam.

I ran the job on 8/6 at 2:44pm eastern time.

I have checked the mirror in the printer head. It looks like the day I first got it. So there’s some other issue at hand. Please help.

First thing to check is the settings - sometimes if you are not using PG material the settings default to 1% power for safety purposes.

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately in this case, all of the power settings at full power with the exception of scoring which is at 40%.

As I said in the original thread. the lid cable has nothing to do with laser power. You either have a bad power supply or laser tube. Note again the time and timezone of this latest attempt to print. Hopefully support will provide a more appropriate resolution this time.

Uh-oh. Stand by to hear from support. Sometimes replacing the cable is not the fix. (It’s the most common problem, but there can be other issues. They will see them on the logs.)

Turn the machine off and check all the connections again to make sure they are secure. I’m sorry for the bad news.

Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending that this one be repaired. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.