Laser not firing, I'm lost

I’m in need of some help.

My laser quit firing halfway through a print the day before thanksgiving. Granted, I had done a lot that day so I thought it was just overloaded, so I turned it off and unplugged it. I didn’t use it for a few days, and yesterday, when I tried to print something else, it still wasn’t working. The laser head moves and sounds as if it is completing a print, but nothing is actually happening.

I have cleaned the glowforge head, mirror, crumb tray, divets, camera etc.
I have tried to do the gift of good measure test print
I have checked the power, which is NOT at 1 or 0.
I have sent them an email too.

Anything else that I’m missing? I’ve owned this for almost 2 years, but truthfully only used it less than half of that time. This is really at an awful time with the holidays coming up, since I have a vendor show the 11th, and holiday orders to fulfill.

Is it only the laser itself not powering on, or the entire machine? If the latter try a different plug. If the former it’s likely a power supply issue which will require a trip back to the mothership for repair :frowning:
Time to look for other lasers in your area where you can rent/borrow time!

It’s the laser itself :sob:. I noticed that it’s no longer lighting up. I’m hoping if it has to go back I can get it back within a week? Is that even possible? I’m grasping at straws right now lol.

:frowning: Sadly I believe it’s been typically like 6 weeks, and that’s not taking the holidays into account.

I think that depends on a few different factors (like which model you have and what is in stock, etc.).

Hi @heyvictoriadc my name is Mercedes and I’m part of the Technical team here at Glowforge.

It looks like I’m helping you troubleshoot this over email in your other ticket!

I’m going to go ahead and close this forum post now. If you have any other questions or need help with anything else feel free to send a message our way by either creating an email ticket or a new forum post!