Laser Not Firing - Laser Dead

Been having lots of problems with long cool downs. Sometimes the laser finishes without issue, then after you DISMISS the the dialogue box for successful print, the browser says the project is in the middle of cutting a “phantom” cut. By this I mean the lid can even be open and the browser is confused.

Then onto the yellow lights. Projects often finished OK, but loading new boards and closing the lid and the yellow light on the button comes on indefinitely. Sometimes taking 1-2 restarts just to get the browser to recognize the laser (even rebooting computer and clearing cache files).

Now I start cutting and notice there is liquid running across under my crumb tray. I stop the cut, look around and find there is a coolant leak. I remove fan hose and liquid pouring out of it. I clean entire Glowforge, do some quick research. I turn on the laser and there is zero coolant inside the laser tube. No bubbles, completely dry.

We clean this thing every day without fail. Constantly cleaning something or snugging belts, wiping lenses clean.

Nothing but problem and ineffective cuts for weeks. Scrapping perfectly good projects as a result of poor cuts. By poor I emphasize the project is in the middle of cutting and randomly stops and starts again. Cut the same project identically and it does this in different locations on other cut items within the pattern.

I’m hearing 6+ weeks for replacement parts/warranty claims.

Beyond frustrated… Wanted to buy 1-2 more Glowforge Pros for my small business, but now I’m sincerely doubting this idea.

1 Like

Oh no, I’m sorry to hear about the trouble.

I see you already emailed us about this and we’re working on it there, so I’m going to close this topic.