Laser not working and Orange light

Hello there,

I have had my glowforge for 2 years now and this is the first time this has happened to me. I was working on cutting acrylic and the first cut went fine, loaded new acrylic and now my laser stopped working and an orange light comes on. I turned off the glowforge, cleaned parts, and made sure all parts are connected. It also seems that it doesn’t want to cool down after a cut is made or when you cancel the cut. The fan stays running. I was using my glowforge just fine yesterday and now this has happened. Please help!!

Thank you
Amber

1 Like

Can you post some pictures of your laser bed environment? That would be the best place to start.

This was from yesterday. It was working find and then half way through a cut stopped cutting but the head was still moving.

1 Like

Are you seeing light go though the tube when the laser is supposed to be firing?

No

Hi,

My name is Mercedes and I’m part of the Technical team here at Glowforge and I’ll be helping you troubleshoot today. It looks like I already have you taken care of over email so I’m going to go ahead and close this forum thread now.

Regards,