Laser not working not cutting or engraving

Trying to Engrave two words two hours. Then the laser not working. Just started using it

What settings are you using?

Have you done all the basic startup procedures including the three starting designs and calibration routines? This will not only improve the operations of your machine but teach you all the processes and the way they are supposed to work, with designs that have none of the possible issues.

Another basic design you will need is is the bed pins that will hold you work in place,
If you are having any problems going through that process you will want to show photos of your computer screen (screen capture) at the time of the problem, and of the resulting piece. They will be using the “gift of good measure” that is one of those first three designs to diagnose whenever any problems arise as there are many clues that an experienced person can spot that is missed without that experience.

Yes I’ve done all the basic start ups and I’ve done the calibration 5 times
The laser just stop working yesterday it took two hours just to type two words. And then the laser wouldn’t work. I was trying to engrave my name on leather After putting in the measurements checked everything. The laser wouldn’t work

Trying it out again this morning. Still wouldn’t work. It runs like it ok. But no laser

The Support people will need more detail and pictures. Does it go through the morning setup? A screenshot posted at the place where it does not work could give a clue. Sometimes it reverts to zero power until you establish the correct settings as a safety measure,

Problem solved

1 Like

I’m sorry you ran into trouble when trying to set up your print. I’m glad to see that the advice you received from other community members got you back up and printing! Thanks folks!

If you run into trouble again, or have any questions, please post a new topic on the forum or email us at support@glowforge.com and we’ll be happy to help.