Laser stopping for brief periods when cutting - leaving gaps in the cut

My pro is not cutting properly. it has random moments where the laser just stops working. this leaves gaps in the cuts. it is really really annoying when i am trying to cut pass through - wastes so much material and can’t just cancel and start the print again.

i have clean it and still not helping.

help! i have orders i need to complete!

1 Like

A few things could be going on here - the laser firing randomly is a return-to-mothership kind of thing, so let’s hope it’s something else!

Is that the front or back of your material? If it’s the back there could be voids that the laser can’t cut through

Are those copy/pastes of the same heart - or different art. If different you could have accidental duplicate lines and duplications will always cancel each other out.

2 Likes

that is the front of the material. and they are copy pastes of the same image.

when you say return to mothership… the factory is the mothership?

1 Like

The repair facility, yes, and boo. A staff member should be here shortly, but they’re going to want you to run the Gift of Good Measure (in your dashboard) on a piece of PG material. Post the time, and photos of it when you do.
By running a known piece of art on known material they remove a lot of variables that can be introduced.

1 Like

Oh no, I’m sorry you’ve hit a snag.

For our next steps, I’d like to have you perform a standardized test that provides us with a baseline for your Glowforge.

At your earliest convenience, please perform the following test print.

• Print the Gift of Good Measure on Proofgrade material, using Proofgrade settings.

• When the print finishes, leave the lid closed and wait until the fans stop and the picture updates.

• If the Gift of Good Measure fails to cut through, take a photo of the front and back of the print and attach these photos to your reply.

Let us know how it goes!

it always misses just a little to make the project not complete and wasted.

run at 6:40 PM PST

Thank you so much for working through the instructions my colleague Jeremy provided, and for sending over the results. I’ve extracted the log files from your Glowforge to review your most recent prints. I would like to check over just a few more things. Could you do the following for me?

Please send photos of all your cleaned optical components, with special attention to any damage you might find:

• Both windows
    • The printer head window, on the left hand side of the printer head
    • The laser window on the inside left of the Glowforge
  • The printer head lens
    • Both sides of the lens, top and bottom
  • The mirror inside the printer head
  • The bottom of the printer head

Once we have those pictures, we’ll follow up with next steps.

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.