Laser tiles?

Unless I read the LaserTile web site wrong, the price doesn’t seem too bad to me. A box of 100 3x6" tiles is $140 including shipping. That could make a lot of nice little plaques or a 30x60" mural.

3 Likes

That’s true to me too but a lot of people will probably only do a few so a 100 is over kill
For them

2 Likes

Usually that’s before shipping. But they run specials often. I mostly get the 4x4 tiles. That size is good for a variety of projects including coasters.

3 Likes

It’s sounding like it would pay to watch for the free shipping events. It would be nice to find a source for just a few to try out.

1 Like

They offer a sample pack that seems reasonable. You can find it here. http://lasertile.com/product/lasertile-laserglass-sample-pack/ :relaxed:

8 Likes

Thanks - that seems pretty reasonable. I looked for something like that but the links on their web site work very slowly for me and I gave up before finding it. Is their site working slowly for anyone else?

1 Like

I have a couple boxes ordered. Now all I need is my Glowforge. :grinning:

3 Likes

Worked slowly for me too. :confounded:

1 Like

Me too. I briefly wondered if the link from gf forum was saturating it.

2 Likes

Thanks - thought maybe I’d picked up a virus somewhere.

I got my box of tiles . Couldn’t believe how damaged the box was- was taped shut (had ripped open) and even though the tiles were kind of “loose” in the box (still stacked but could flip back and forth almost like close dominoes) none appear chipped or broken. Can’t wait to try them on my GF. Ever since I put air assist on my K40 haven’t been able to get alignment right :disappointed_relieved: - don’t want to waste the tiles with it. Anyone else get tiles from there yet - or try to laser any?

5 Likes

Im ordering some soon and will let you know my experience with them on My other laser.
did you knock the lens or lens housing askew?

1 Like

I have two sample sets waiting on my Glowforge.
Going to try printing a picture of my grandkids and make an inlay for a side table.

4 Likes

Yep. I use them all the time. The output is great. Do a fair amount of photo engraving for custom coasters and it handles dither patterns really well. Interested in how the GF will work.

6 Likes

I’d love to see a photo of something you have done with these tiles.

4 Likes

sure. I’ll burn a couple this weekend (or maybe Monday) - gotta grab a GF logo, think I’ll make something custom for the Forge.

I did some for a submariners reunion and should have one of them hanging around somewhere I’ll grab a pic of too. Custom coasters for our MakerSpace, etc. They’re really one of those things that make a nice customized gift/trinket that isn’t really terribly expensive and they engrave fast since it’s a max 4x4.

3 Likes

I’d love to see that as well. What laser power are you using now to engrave them?

1 Like

I run 500mm/s at 60% power on a 60W laser.

2 Likes