Latest Project: Merry-go-Round

This is my merry-go-round I just finished. All made on a glow forge pro. It has over 1200 separate pieces made with 96 separate cuts. It has 16 meticulously hand painted horses. Project took 5 months. Also has a removable top to allow someone to look at the gear system. In process of donating this to the Colorado Springs Colorado Children’s hospital. Really had fun working on this.
Have a great day!

88 Likes

Now that’s a carousel! Love it! :grinning:

7 Likes

That is quite a project. The stamina and focus it takes to get through something like this is impressive.

12 Likes

I can hear the calliope music!!!

4 Likes

That is just fabulous! True art…and talent!

7 Likes

WOW WOW That is fantastic

3 Likes

Amazing!

4 Likes

That is wonderful! The work - and the intent. Sure to evoke a smile on all the kids, just like you!

9 Likes

@JimmyWayneWestie thought you might like to see this. It’s very cool.

3 Likes

Wow, absolutely stunning. The kids at the Children’s Hospital are going to love it. You are awesome to do such a wonderful project, and then to donate it.

6 Likes

When people “disappear” from the forum, some of us wonder if they have wandered off to another interest, fallen upon hard times or just moved on. I am always happy when they pop back in, but even more jubilant when they share a project they have been creating. This is a beautiful work of art and craftsmanship that will be enjoyed by many for a very long time. You will never know how many smiles this brings to patients, families and staff of the hospital. Thank you for sharing it with us first.

14 Likes

Just WOW!!

4 Likes

This is an incredibly great creation. Thanks for showing us this in the video.

5 Likes

This is a work of art and of love. Incredible!

4 Likes

Incredible work! I love the sounds, and it looks amazing. The kids will love it!

4 Likes

Wow that is amazing! I bet the gear system is work of art too! Do you have any photos??

4 Likes

That is beyond fantastic!!

4 Likes

Awesome! Please show us a picture of the internal mechanism!

3 Likes

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious!

5 Likes

That has to be the most amazing thing I have ever seen created on a glowforge.

3 Likes