Latest projects and current “State of the World”

Just a rundown of my latest projects. Throw questions at me if ya like!

snitch%20-%203

And a sneak peek at the ongoing wall project of the month.

Happy making!

122 Likes

Lovin’ the Orrery!

4 Likes

Well those are just incredible! Is that veneers on clear acrylic for the wall map? :grinning:

3 Likes

Yup. Exactly ! :grinning:

2 Likes

Love it all!! It’s like which is your favorite child…

1 Like

oops. forgot one “child”.

45 Likes

I love them all, but especially the box. It took me a minute to see the finger joints. At first I just thought that was decorative. Fantastic job!

3 Likes

I’ve been wanting to make that kind of lamp shade, but haven’t gotten around to working out a design. Did you find the plans online, or roll your own?

2 Likes

In the photos the finger joints look loose, in person they are not. The sanding has just highlighted the etching lines a bit unevenly. Took me a bit to get used to the look but in the end I love it.

1 Like

A combination. I found similar plans on Thingiverse and modified. I must admit construction was complex and not without cursing.

7 Likes

The clock is a Clayton Boyer design. I send all credit thatta way! :slightly_smiling_face:

Correction!! The Orrery is based on a Boyer design. The Clock Is a Brian Law design!!!

6 Likes

Also the copper and lapis inlay was a new technique for me. I’d never realized how that process is done before. Omg. I’m still vibrating from all that sanding! But boy is the result worth it.

2 Likes

Wow… love the light shades. What material did you use for it?.. Did you make the pattern or find one to work off.

1 Like

Clayton’s clock designs are great - I’ve got most of one built in my “normal” wood shop and plans for a few others to build at some point…

1 Like

I can’t choose a favorite … these are all phenomenal! Very, very, VERY nice!

1 Like

Thanks! Found a thingiverse pattern to modify then used proofgrade cherry( to match my kitchen) and red and grey acrylic from inventables for the ribs.

1 Like

just WOW :sunglasses::glowforge:

Those are fantastic. I don’t think you are a first timer with results like that. Thanks for sharing. :grinning:

1 Like

These are all truly amazing. The light shades are #1 on my list of likes.

If I may, where did you learn about the inlay technique(s)? I’ve been banging my head against inlays for a while now…