In the GFUI, when two object are stacked, it can be very difficult/impossible to select just one of them. This is especially frustrating at the moment; since I currently have to use workarounds for larger images and for certain alignment operations, leaving the first (previously engraved) layer on screen is often necessary, even if I am not trying to run that particular layer again.
It would be great to have a way deal with this. I can think of a few methods that could work:
- a keystroke to select all of the current layer (like shift-cmd-A)
- double-/right-clicking a layer thumbnail to select all of that layer
- a Hide option under/along with the Ignore option for layers
- a radio button on each layer that selects all of that layer (similar to AI)
- a lock button on each layer to disallow movement on that layer
(I speak of the layers in the GFUI, not the layers in a design program)