Lazer is moving all the way to the right shakes and stays there

https://youtu.be/HkjSqPp8SGY I have tried to clean it, reset it but nothing seems to work please help!

Turn the machine off, gently and slowly move the head out underneath the lid camera, then turn it back on again and let it calibrate completely. (Might take a few more minutes than normal.)

1 Like

It does that because the server is looking for the head, and thinks it must be to the left of the camera, so it sends instructions to move right. The fix that Jules gave you prevents the hide and seek. Once the server sees the head then it knows the parameters of the bed in relation to the head.

Once you have the head centered under the camera, consider taking a sharpie and putting a tick mark on the gantrys to mark the roller locations. It still seems to help startup times if you remember to center the head before turning the unit on.

2 Likes

Thanks for the help, all! @holly, I’m sorry you ran into trouble. I can see that you’ve been able to print since starting the thread. Could you please let me know if your Glowforge is still having any problems calibrating? Thanks!

1 Like

Hello, sorry for the delayed response. Yes, I am able to print now I’m not sure what fixed the problem.

|690x0

I’m glad it’s been solved.

If it happens again, please:

1. Turn off your Glowforge (this is important to avoid damage to your unit)
  2. Open the lid and, using both hands, gently move the laser arm to the center of the bed
  3. Gently move the head under the lid camera
  4. Turn your Glowforge back on

Happy printing!