Lead times / factory build times / committed ship date / regulatory certifications

I understand people wanting to be informed, but I have to agree with you James. I don’t understand why folks who have no faith in a company or product would put themselves through the wait. If the delays caused me that much angst, I would have moved on a long time ago instead of just keep poking the bear hoping for it to tell me what I want to hear. Life’s too short.

But this is GREAT to hear as I gotta be toward the front of the line! Hell, I even let one pup bid on an online auction and buy his own fertility God. That has to put me in front of a few others :laughing:

7 Likes

I can think of one reason why they might send @palmercr a unit when it gets to his place in line - because that’s when he ordered it and they aren’t morally bankrupt.

Your reply seems extremely inappropriate to me. @palmercr has every right to ask for for a firmer guarantee that shipping is on schedule than the standard statement in the sticky. Dan doesn’t have to give him one, but he is allowed to ask. Responding with a disparaging comment is totally inappropriate.

7 Likes

I have actually worked on all these problems at industrial scale, I run the software development team at our hospital, and I’ve built hardware that does each of these features. Heck, you’ve probably used software I worked on.

Sorry if I misunderstood the issue of the OP, but the statement was you can’t align designs with precision based on the camera image, if you meant double sided that is a different problem (I would agree double sided is a way, way harder problem and has not been solved) which is precision alignment on 1 side with the camera due to lens distortion which those of us with PRUs are currently dealing with (the image looks like Lightroom or Photoshop with lens-correction turned off in camera raw when using a fisheye lens…)

6 Likes

In that case I apologise for being presumptuous! You are probably much better placed to understand how complex the problems are than most. I stand by my earlier comment that “it can be fixed in software” is a risky claim to make both in this context and in general :slight_smile:

1 Like