Leather 6-Pack Holder Caddie

Hi folks! We’ve been busier than a gopher in soft dirt making things with our Glowforge. We’ve made a handsome oil-tanned leather 6-pack holder and are excited to share this pattern with everyone here in the community. The design engraved on the leather is inspired by one of our favorite local neighborhood breweries: Tie and Timber Beer Co.

To watch how we made it: YouTube (The ending is the best part!)

Materials Used:
1)Glowforge
5-6 sqft of 8-9 oz Crazy Horse Leather
0.75" X 9.5" Wooden Dowel Rod
30) Large Double Cap Rivets (Item # 407-127304 for NP 50 pack)
9) 1" Unwelded Round Rings (Item # 5-120401 for NP 10 pack)

Materials found on Springfieldleather.com and linked in the Youtube video description.

Leather 6 Pack.zip (193.8 KB)

70 Likes

Looks great and thankyou for the free design it is greatly appreciated :beers:

3 Likes

That is seriously cool! Thank you.

3 Likes

Wow Cool! I’ve been curious about leather work but never tried it. I will have to check out your site. The video looks really nice too!

4 Likes

Wow, looks great. Thank you for sharing!!!

4 Likes

It’s beautiful!

3 Likes

Welcome! Thank you for the design. Your product is very nice!

3 Likes

What a way to start your first post on this forum! With a fabulous design AND share. Thanks!

2 Likes

Thank you. This is a great design

4 Likes

WOW. that is beautiful!

2 Likes

Wow! I love everything about this project and post. I watched the video. Oddly soothing, like an ASMR video for me. I think I will rewatch in the future to decompress. Ahhhhh. Is it just me or are the bits in the video when it’s quiet and can just hear the tools and work dreamy?

Awesome project. Now I want many of the hand tool you used, ha! Thanks so much for the share!

2 Likes

One of the main reasons I got BEAMER(my glowforge) was to do leather work. FINALLY, after 2 years in the new house, and estate to settle, and various life time consumers. I am getting BEAMER on his new cart this weekend. and finally get to start making stuff. :slight_smile:

What if anything do you use to prototype your designs? I would hate to cut a bunch of leather and have things not fit as anticipated.

thanks!

4 Likes

Great questions @ca_worth ! It’s always exciting to have more time for making new things! We have a Research and Development team here at SLC that will use a mix of traditional tools and vector software like Adobe Illustrator to draw up our prototypes. For this 6-pack, we measured out the size of a regular cardboard 6-pack holder, and accounted for the size of actual beer bottles too. From those measurements, we used Illustrator to draw up the plans to size, and then from there we can estimate the square footage of leather we’d need. We saved our .AI file as a SVG to cut it out on the Glowforge. There are a number of vector software programs to choose from that will help you measure everything out before buying and cutting your leather. If we are making smaller patterns, we often print-out our prototypes on regular paper to see how they look before we go to the leather material.

3 Likes

Absolutely! Thank you so much. Leathercraft certainly is relaxing! You are welcome to find all the tools you need on our website. If you ever have questions about which tools would be best for leather-crafting feel free to call us up or contact us online! We love to help!

2 Likes

That is just the info I was looking for! Thank you so much for the quick reply.

Lots to think about going forward. I really enjoyed the video too!

chris

1 Like

Thank you so very much! The leather that Clayton used for this is absolutely stunning. It’s called Crazy Horse Buffalo Denim and it has us all dreaming about more 6-pack caddies! Feel free to check out our YouTube channel to learn more about leather. Or call us directly, we’re so happy to answer questions for beginners.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community! Thank you so much!

Very cool design. And I don’t know… the first 10 seconds was pretty good. LOL

1 Like

Wow! Amazing!

2 Likes

Thanks. I’m already thinking about how I might change it for my own use!! I think I will try to find a blueprint for a sailing yacht owned by a friend.

2 Likes