Leather backpack for upcoming Disney trip

I’m taking my family to DisneyWorld a little later on this year to celebrate our youngest daughter’s graduation (her requested present). So… in order to do Disney in fashion, I decided to make a leather backpack to take with us to the parks. I’m not much of a ride guy… so I’ll be the pack horse and carry around everybody’s stuff while they ride. Thus the need for a backpack!

I’ve incorporated the names of my family members within the map… making it my treasure map. And the back says “not all treasure is silver and gold”.

194 Likes

super nice!! Did you stitch all of this by hand? I’ve been avoiding leatherwork because stitching seems tedious.

6 Likes

This is stunning

4 Likes

Oh my gosh!! WANT! Looks fantastic!

8 Likes

Thank you! Yes, I did all the stitching by hand. I actually enjoy doing the stitch work… it’s something that keeps me busy, yet I can let my mind wander without risking losing a finger like I could while doing wood working! :laughing:

23 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: I spent a lot of time sewing, and it’s not a complete project for me unless I let my mind wander and sewed something upside down or backwards and have to take the entire project apart.

14 Likes

Wait until one of the workers asks to see the receipt, lol.
Looks cool.

11 Likes

That’s gorgeous! @jae will be happy that you thought to put a handle on the top the first time :smiley:

7 Likes

The artwork on your backpack is amazing and so appropriate for Disneyland.

5 Likes

Oh WOW WOW WOW! As a Disney fan this is so beautiful! Can’t describe it in words! I love to do the stitching, such a sense of accomplishment for me. I need to try a backpack. I’ve only done some wallets, etc. but this really inspires me!! Beautiful!!

6 Likes

Is that backpack pattern one you did yourself or did you purchase it? Again, awesome!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Only needs one word description: AMAZING!!!:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::+1::+1::+1::+1:

6 Likes

Absolutely stunning. I am sure you will get a lot of looks and probably…“where did you buy that?”. Congratulations and have a great time.

4 Likes

Very nice! They may want to sell these in their shops!

6 Likes

A wonderful creation!

1 Like

Oh yeah, the sleeves sewn on with no pucker …inside out.

3 Likes

Wow, what a cool idea. Excellent execution, too. I know you will get a ton of people wanting to know more about the treasure map.

4 Likes

Beautiful backpack! I’ve got way more leather than I know what to do with, this looks like an excellent project to take on. You’re definitely going to be asked where you got it, be prepared for disappointed fans haha

7 Likes

Brilliant! I wonder how many comments you will get!

4 Likes

WOW,

that is terrific

one of the primary reasons for getting BEAMER was leather working.

so far luggage tags is it. :frowning:

4 Likes