Leather backpack for upcoming Disney trip

No… not quite yet. I’ve still got enough time left to decide which arm and and which leg I’m going to use to pay for the trip! :wink:

3 Likes

Update!

My family and I THOROUGHLY enjoyed our trip to Disney a couple of weeks ago. I got quite a few nice comments on the backpack and had a couple of offers to buy it from me. The “cast members” were more prone to commenting on it than other park attendees. Several cast members encouraged me to make them and sell them on Etsy. That’s really not my thing (to mass produce the same thing… too boring)… but it was quite the compliment to hear their encouraging words!

9 Likes

So glad your trip was fabulous :slight_smile: Not shocked at all that your bag drew lots of comments!

:anguished: pretty sure that would bring down the strong arm of the mouse lawyers :anguished:

2 Likes

That’s pretty much the reason I won’t be putting it on Etsy for sale! :grinning:

2 Likes

I tried finding the pattern on his site, but I’m not seeing it anymore. Do you know if he removes patterns after a while? Or would possible ass it back if asked?

Thank you for sharing your wonderful craftsmanship!

Good morning! Here’s the link https://www.etsy.com/listing/646806638/backpack-pattern-leather-diy-pdf?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=dieselpunkro&ref=sr_gallery-4-42&organic_search_click=1&pro=1
You probably just didn’t recognize it because I didn’t put the straps or the little emblem on the bag. Hope this helps you out… and I’d like to see pictures of what you come up with after you finish. Good luck with the project!

1 Like

Thank you so much!

You’re right, I didn’t recognize the original bag at all. I think that is a testament to your own design as well.

Those are very kind words… thank you!

I just saw this post and purchased a couple templates from DieselPunkRo however the files are password protected. Did you cut these by hand? I was hoping to use the glowforge to cut out the shapes etc.

Great design btw!

The guy clearly states that his patterns are for manual use and not compatible for laser or machine use. Obviously you can work around this, but this is stated on the Etsy page that I looked at.

Yes… I cut out the pieces and punched all the holes by hand. And thank you for the kind words! The work I did on the GF was all the artwork.

2 Likes

Good info to know! I did not see that, or rather recall reading that when I originally looked at the designs. Good thing I had too much going on and didn’t buy anything yet. This really got me wanting to try out leather on the GF.

This is amazing work! I love it.

I do know that there are some ways to get Disney designs legitimately for personal use (Cricut is one) so maybe hopefully you’ll be totally fine since you are just using it for yourself.

Has your family seen it yet, or is it a surprise?

1 Like

First… thank you for then kind comments concerning the bag. Secondly, I agree with you, as long as I’m not trying to sell it and make money off of it, I think I’m fine. And lastly, yes… my family has seen it… they all had to find their names on the map. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Holy Moly! This is amazing! New glowforge owner here. Didn’t realize you could make such cool stuff with it! Great job

Welcome to the forum.

You are in the right place to be inspired and encouraged by other Glowforge owners. As you have discovered, there is talent here.

1 Like

Thank you for such a kind comment.

Welcome to the Glowforge family! You’ll find that there are some VERY talented creators that willingly share their ideas and creations. @dklgood is correct, this is the right place to be inspired and encouraged! Can’t wait to see your creations!

1 Like

This is a great backpack.

Wow. That’s awesome!

Thank you @stuart_riggs and @tracypaul.warrington! I appreciate the positive feedback!

1 Like