Leather backpack for upcoming Disney trip

Absolutely love it. My daughter (28) wanted to take a family trip to Disney World but then covid hit. She would totally geek out over your bag.

1 Like

Did you use the Glowforge to cut and punch holes as well as engrave?

That’s one of the best uses of the :glowforge: on leather - perfect needle sized holes!

3 Likes

No… I cut the pieces and punched all the holes by hand.

1 Like

Absolutely fabulous. Not only are you going to have fun stories from your trip, but I bet you will hear quite alot of accolades to “I made this” when people ask. Also, you’ve made such an heirloom here. You should be so proud!

2 Likes

So impressive!

This is so beautiful!!!:two_hearts:

FANTASTIC looking bag!

Can I ask where you acquired the leather?

It’s been over a year since I ordered that leather… but I believe it came from Maverick Leather.

1 Like

Thank you. I’ll check it out.

This is really neat. I keep seeing leather work and thinking I need to try some of it. I am sure this will gain some attention at Disney.

This looks amazing! Great job! Did you use a Pro? Or is this possible in a basic?

Fantastic bag. What were you leather specs and laser settings? Did have to do two passes for the leather piece?

Awesome job.

Inspiring

Well done!

You should see if you can swap it for an extra week. :wink:

4 Likes

Thank you! Yes, I do own a Pro… but there wasn’t anything that I needed to use the passthrough on for this bag.

The leather is a 5-6 oz leather and I used the standard SD setting for engraving that is specified with the “Thick Natural Leather” setting. Since I didn’t do any cutting with the laser, a single pass with the aforementioned setting did the trick for all the engraving. And thank you for the kind words!

2 Likes

Holy cow! I’ve NEVER been able to make an engrave on leather look anywhere this good…

THIS is amazing! Wow, just, like WOW.

I’m adding leather working to my woodworking. Too inspiring NOT to try something like this.

2 Likes

Like everyone else has said, it looks amazing!! I have never worked with leather, but I am interested in starting. My only question on this is, are you worried about sweat from your back, especially in Flordia in the summer. Is there a way to treat the leather so that it isn’t an issue?