Leather Boxes, and Reuleaux Revisited

It seems I just can’t get enough of these resin medallion boxes (see my previous post). This time I made the sides of the boxes out of Proofgrade thick leather, for easier bending. I did not score the insides at all. The leather was dyed black before cutting, then remasked. The Draftboard parts were painted black with black gesso.

The sides for the Reuleaux Triangle box were glued together with white glue. I did add a little shelf cut from Draftboard inside to support the upper part of the leather.

For the round box I did a corset stitch with waxed thread, and I really like how it came out. Just for grins I made the lid using the same spoked design as the bottom of the box.

The acrylic/resin medallions were made in the same manner as indicated in my previous posting linked above.

57 Likes

I’m running out of adjectives! :smile:
(Globe is stunning!)

9 Likes

I love the stitching on the round box. Such a very cool idea!

7 Likes

These are beautiful!

6 Likes

Wow, the stitching and globe are amazing!! That is really cool! I am not adventurous or confident enough to try anything like that yet… But yours are incredible!

7 Likes

You took the words right out of my mouth!

I’d be tempted to cut little leather squares to glue into the draft board lid :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

A special treat for our eyes! They’re both gorgeous … the globe is just so awesome!

5 Likes

I really like the resin tops. They are both beautiful, especially with the black accents. Keep up the great work because it is beautiful.

5 Likes

This is very nice work.

4 Likes

They’re mighty fine, and the resin work is the icing on top!

5 Likes

Just amazing. Can’t wait to see your next iterations!

5 Likes

Those are terrific! I still have the PG leather from the stuff from new as it is too small for a major project.

I also just received the colors to play with as well! Now I only need the ability gumption?) to conquer the black cable without messing up.

4 Likes

Gees, girl…you are just a fount of talent and artistic wonderment! I’m running out of adjectives, too.

4 Likes

Wow those are incredible.

3 Likes

Great work! Love all of it!

3 Likes

I love the world map one. It looks awesome!

4 Likes

I missed this post!! Love it!!

I am moving in with you.

I am bringing a tractor trailer filled with every type of craft tool, craft products, 1000 hard back books, 400 hundred handbags, dozens of firearms, 50,000 (fifty thousand) rounds of ammo, a Westie, Dachshund, Durango SUV, and the popcorn machine!

3 Likes

Hahaha! It all sounds great but we might have to leave the kids in the SUV—our cats will not approve. Definitely bring the popcorn machine, I’ve got a great caramel corn recipe.

2 Likes