Leather Reuleaux Triangle Box and Round Box Designs

Hey folks, I decided to post my designs for the round and triangle boxes I recently posted here and here. The round box is made of leather, and the triangle box could be made of leather or wood, but it is much easier to assemble if you make the sides of leather. Instructions are included in the SVGs as text, but the text will be stripped when you upload the designs into the Dashboard, so be sure to read the instructions in the file before you cut anything. As with all files in this section, these are for personal use only.

Okay, knock yourself out!
(Right click the files below, save as)

RoundLeatherBox TriangleLeatherBox

Edit: Added one more photo to show corset stitch on round box:

56 Likes

Very nice, thanks for the share!

4 Likes

Yay, thank you!!!

3 Likes

thank you for sharing your file! I very much admired these boxes in your earlier posts!

1 Like

Your generosity is so appreciated! I will not be able to duplicate the beautiful resin and leather work that you do, but I can at least give this my elementary effort. Thank you so much.

2 Likes

Thanks for the awesome share! I have some thick leather that might work well with this.

1 Like

that corset stitch box is a perfect dice cup.

3 Likes

Great! Thank you for sharing.

1 Like

Wow. Thank you so much for sharing. I really like those.

2 Likes

Wow! Thank you so very much! Your boxes are so lovely, a person really can’t resist!

Of course, you are going to push me into actually trying resin. I’ve been restraining myself, as there are so many things I get my mind going on. The next two months are crazy busy … so, maybe I’ll see exactly what I need to put on my Christmas list before I’m asked.

Also, will admit I’ve ignored leather, to avoid the smell. Yes, not one cut yet.

1 Like

Thank you!

Wow! Generous! Thanks so much! Those are such nice boxes!

I love working with leather, and I’ve strangely come to kind of like the smell. Then again, I’m the one who always wants to go see the pigs at the county fair, because I grew up in a pig farming village in Japan and it smells like childhood… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Awesome, thank you for your generous share.

These are so awesome! :heart_eyes: :star_struck: :heart_eyes: Thank you so much for sharing. I want to make these!!

2 Likes

I’ve never tried cutting leather with a lazer. Thank you, I’m going to give it a try. I’m not sure where to find thick proof grade leather but I have lots of leather I use to make purses. It’s not too thick but thicker than what came with the glowforge. I’m hoping it will work.

Beware the smell.

Smell is fine. Just like burning body parts…

2 Likes

You’re supposed to roast them, not burn them.

2 Likes

Make sure the leather you use is veg tanned. Chrome processed is harmful to you and your machine.