LED sign!

My first attempt at an LED lit acrylic sign. I think it came out really well actually. My new wife and I’s wedding date on a 6" circle of acrylic. The light has multiple colors and modes it can do. I was surprised I NAILED the size of the base part of the sign first try lol, sure do love my digital calipers haha. Let me know what you all think :slight_smile:

30 Likes

Very nice! Congrats again!
I recently made a Happy 27th Anniversary LED sign to surprise my husband. :grin: Those bases are so handy, we’re slowly accumulating a pile of acrylics and pop them in as appropriate.

7 Likes

And it turned out great! :grinning::+1:

3 Likes

Just a suggestion - don’t switch from “my new wife” to “my old wife” as time goes by and your wedding day fades into a wonderful memory. :slightly_smiling_face: Simply say “my wife” or “my beautiful” wife.

7 Likes

I just meant new as in we got married last week haha. Many on the forums found out the same day lol

2 Likes

Thanks! Now just need to get some orders coming in

1 Like

Thanks! I will probably make up a set of holiday themed inserts for the base. Unless someone wants to place an order for a sign before I get more bases lol

2 Likes

Looks great! Congratulations on getting married!

1 Like

Here about to celebrate our 30th, my wife does not like me using “my beautiful wife”… though I mean it with all my heart and soul, she thinks it sounds condescending?

3 Likes

Try “my amazing wife.” I’ve never found that objectionable. :wink:

6 Likes

My first wife… :grimacing:

7 Likes

Of course, she might return the favor with “my first husband…”

4 Likes

At least it’s not “my practice wife”

12 Likes

Amazing, brilliant, ever so patient… lots of choices are acceptable. Anything can be made to sound condescending, but I bet she knows you mean it.

4 Likes

Nice work for new wife I don’t remember what you did for the old wife.

1 Like

Shortly after we were married I was at a party with my wife when she referred to her ex as her ‘last husband”. I quickly corrected her by saying ‘no dear, he was your first husband, I am your last husband’. That was 29 years ago :wink:

10 Likes

Didn’t have a glowforge the last time I was married, and that was a long time ago when I was much younger and dumber.

1 Like

LED lights are always super fun. Nice job.

2 Likes

Thank you! I tried to do this logo on a mirrored candle base from the dollar store, but, it didn’t work out very well…acrylic was much better :slight_smile:

1 Like