Legends of Elsewhere - Jumanji (in Cherry!)

Hi everyone! My mom has a room in her house all done up in safari theme stuff, and she told me that for Christmas she’d like something with an elephant, a giraffe, and a lion that would go in there. Well, or course, what other jungle is more ‘elsewhere’ than Jumanji? And doing it in Cherry without the color will better fit her decor scheme of mostly shades of brown. Haven’t decided yet if I’ll make feet and leave it as is or if I’ll do two back layers out of MDF and make it a gift card holder like the Hogwarts one.

But now I also have to start working on the precursory “gag” gift, which might end up being a full color recreation except somehow using Dumbo, Geoffrey (Toys R Us), and Simba…

Thanks for stopping by and until next creation, Happy Forging!

34 Likes

Very cute!

2 Likes

This turned out really nice. The engraving is nice and dark, which shows up well with the cherry wood.

3 Likes

Keep em coming! I never get sick of seeing the items in the series!

2 Likes

You definitely covered her request. Nicely done.

3 Likes

Nice one! Even though you have good reasons for not coloring, I’m still wanting to see color on this one. Maybe you could take a photo and colorize it, then give her a choice?

2 Likes

or inlaying the tree & animals in different shades of wood? That makes your project WAY more complicated of course!

2 Likes

You did a terrific job on this project.

3 Likes