Legends of Elsewhere - The Asgard Collection

Hi everyone! So the inspiration for this one actually started with wanting to try a living hinge box of some kind and I downloaded a deck box that worked perfectly from this thread here: https://community.glowforge.com/t/spell-book-deck-box-for-dnd-spell-cards/98617

I also had this thought stuck in my head for a while of doing a rotating Mjolnir lock closure on something, so I made some modifications to accommodate that. Then I had to think of something to put in it, and wanting to still bring my Legendary treatment to the project, the obvious choices were Thor and Loki. But I was intrigued at the idea of a knotwork frame instead of my normal torn parchment frame, and that worked out beautifully. Then I didn’t want them knocking around in there loose, and I had enough room to design a hinged, fitted holder for them. That needed front and back panels, but I was limited on thickness due to the box and the lock, so had to do flat-panels for Yggdrasil and Mjolnir.

All in all, I think it turned out to be a piece that just begs to be picked up and handled and opened (there was another box that did that once, I think it belonged to a girl named Pandima? Pandoma? Oh wait, Pandora, that’s right :slight_smile: ). And I’m pleasantly surprised that all my measurements worked out good, I was afraid the hinge would stick out too far and it wouldn’t fit!

Thanks for taking a look, and until next creation, Happy Forging!

39 Likes

Great project!!

5 Likes

WOW! :heart_eyes: Thanks for linking, this turned out incredible!!!

4 Likes

This turned out great! Love the box!

3 Likes

Congratulations on all the attention to detail of your project. I really liked it.

3 Likes

Oh my goodness, you just keep getting better and better at this!! I absolutely love it! Fantastic job. Keep it up!!

3 Likes

An amazing project!!!

1 Like

What about Fenris!

1 Like

I love your attention to detail. It makes your projects really pop.

1 Like

Maybe this is only volume 1? :slight_smile:

This must be one of my favorite ones, from your Legends projects. Still making them out of PG Draftboard? What do you color them with…it looks so good!

Can’t wait to see your next creation!

What a great project - the detail is amazing!

Also, is Loki and Thor 3 layers or 4? Looks like 4, to me. As a thought, if you wanted to save some room, you could alternate putting the name plates at the bottom on one card then the top of the next. They look great, as they are, though.

All your projects are so imaginative and whimsical. I love seeing your latest.

They are three plus the banner on the front is the fourth layer, and they sit two layers deep in to their frames. The hinge design I was using was built for at least 5 layers each side. Had I planned the project in it’s entirety first a little better, it could have been a little more dynamic.
And yes, still the medium draftboard, mostly Crayola markers, Sharpies, or colored pencil if I need light/bright color.

2 Likes