Lego all the things

Lego-compatible adhesive tape might soon be a thing.
Looks like they are a 9,751% of the funding goal, with a month left.
Considering it.

20 Likes

Tape is cool.
I just got an email from my g-scale model train supplier with this
Building Block Set.
I had my eye on a flat car; but was thinking I may just cannibalize existing rolling stock with Lego building plates for the same effect.
But an engine, tooā€¦ well. Itā€™s still a lot of money.
I like the tape. I would be interested to see how well it works.

1 Like

I donā€™t know g-scaleā€¦
For many years growing up I had an HO scale railroad that took up a third of my bedroom.

My best friend had relatives in Germany who sent him Lego for every gift occasion.
He had both of these train sets and the space monorail. I was mad jelly.

10 Likes

@cmreeder Did you go to the Hostlers Model Train Convention in Ogden that first weekend in March? They had serious a Lego train display put on by the Utah Lego Users Club. I wish I had taken a better close up picture of the actual track.

8 Likes

OMG I had the 6990 I must have rebuild that 100 times

4 Likes

Always wanted a Lego train but they were just to much.

I know Iā€™ll be investigating making Lego surfaces with the laser.

3 Likes

I had a friend with the space monorail too! I was a little too late to that party, but I had every ā€œBlacktronā€ and ā€œM-Tronā€ space set!

5 Likes

My wife was just talking about this tape as well. Supposed to start shipping right before our sonā€™s birthday, so she was already thinking thatā€™d be a great gift.

Also, we might go to Brick Fest since itā€™s only 15 minutes from us. Could be a good time. We went and saw The Art Of The Brick exhibit in 2015. AMAZING display. The guyā€™s a true artist. Wonder how heā€™ll use this tape.

• Tom
2 Likes

Captain Awesome (My better half) is obsessed with Lego, I backed this right away!

3 Likes

Why do I feel the makers of the tape are having a Glowforge style ā€œoups, sold a tad more then predictedā€ moment.

I had that same thought.
Although it seems to be a slightly less complicated product to manufacture and ship.

2 Likes

Just had a co-worker say ā€œMy sonā€™s too old for Legos, of course.ā€ I said ā€œDamn! Iā€™m in my 40ā€™s and I work with them. How the hell old is your son?!ā€

5 Likes

21 Likes

I want to back thisā€¦ Iā€™m trying so hard to be good though. It seems like a gimmick that I wouldnā€™t use muchā€¦ but that didnā€™t stop me from buying a Lego light switch cover! Argh!

1 Like

My first thought was "Um, just stick real lego plates to stuff with one of any number of adhesives."
Then I thought, ā€œNo, I am not putting glue on my lego blocks. I destroyed enough of them with ā€˜modificationsā€™ when I was a younger.ā€ (How else are you going to get a lego spear properly through a lego torso?)
It seems like the best use of the tape product might be spots like vehicle dashboards or along the top of computer monitors.

5 Likes

Grrrā€¦ not helping me resist very much! :wink:

1 Like

Wellā€¦ Try reading the comments on the video on youtube. I wish I hadnā€™t. You may get annoyed enough with people in general that you wonā€™t want the product anymore.

I didnā€™t know about it. I am just getting into trains on my own account; my mom broke up her collection among my brothers and me. We each got a really good start, but not quite a full working set.
Are you on the GF map, @Tuck? You on Utah, too?

And back to the topic, my cousin had all the monorail sets. Spent hours with that.

After cleanup, I throw away all toys left outā€¦ except Lego. They are somehow exempt from the irresponsible behavior of their owners.

1 Like

I had not even thought of that. Mind blown! To-do list just got longer. :smile:

I wonder whatā€™d be cheaperā€¦ lasering away enough material to create a LEGOĀ®-compatible surface orā€¦ buying a set of LEGOs.

1 Like