Lens Disconnected and Stuck

It seems like the lens housing came apart inside the housing box. Unable to get the lens out, Please help!

Uh-oh! If you want to get the lens out of there to check it a little more closely, you can remove the lid on top, carefully remove the mirror with the blue handle, and then poke the lens out with a q-tip or pencil eraser from the top of the head. (Over a folded towel.)

The instructions for removing the mirror are here.

Be careful doing it, and take a couple of closeup pictures of the inside of the head from the top once you get the lens out so that support can check it for more damage inside. Also take a closeup of the lens to check for damage. From both sides.

You can post each picture here by dragging and dropping it onto it’s own line in a reply post.

Do not try to run the machine again until you hear from Support that it is safe to do so. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thanks, Jules! I got the top cover off but it’s a no go on getting the lens out still. It’s jammed in there sideways and seems like it may be stuck to something in there :frowning:

Yeah, that’s melted together…unfortunately the head is damaged. Support will let you know the next steps (which are going to involve packing up the machine and sending it in for repair or replacement, so locate your shipping materials). When did you buy it? Is it still in warranty?

Yikes! I have to send the whole machine in for the head??? :frowning:

I just purchased it in the fall so it’s still under warranty thankfully!!

Yep. They are precision parts that require calibration to the individual machines. (That’s what the historical treatment has been.) Sorry for the bad news, but the good news is, that didn’t create a worse fire. Basically your lens got out of alignment and it melted the inside of the head. :confused:

3 Likes

Oh no! I’m so sorry to see that your Printer Head has been damaged. Thank you for reaching out about this and posting these photos.

I just followed up by email with the next steps to receive a warranty replacement. We will continue to work on this with you there, so I’m going to close this thread.

2 Likes