Lens removal accessories

I don’t know how but the magnet in the removal lens it’s in the lens and the green base can’t catch them again.
What can I do! I’m scared to scratch the lens
Help me please!

1 Like

Others in here have noted that you can take the top off of the laser head and push the lens out with a cotton swab.

5 Likes

Yes, you can push the lens out from the top. If you remove the lid of the print head, and the mirror, you’ll see the lens from above. Have your hand or a soft surface underneath to catch it. Once you get the magnet off the lens, you can superglue it back onto the plastic handle.

6 Likes

Hi Claudia,

I’m sorry to hear that you’ve been running into some trouble with the magnetic ring of the lens tool coming off. To help remove the printer head lens without the tool, you can follow the steps in the link below:

https://support.glowforge.com/hc/en-us/articles/360047227554-Lost-Lens-Tool

Also, can you reply with your shipping address and telephone number? I can use that to help you get a new lens tool sent out to replace the broken one.

I’ll look forward to your response.

Kind regards,

1 Like

Thank you so much! We did it!!!

1 Like

Welcome to the forum! All the help you might need can be found here. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hello Claudia,

I am very happy to hear you were able to resolve your issue!
I will send an email to you requesting your address and phone number.
If you would like to, please respond to the email send with your address and phone number and we can help to get you a new lens tool.
Otherwise, since it appears you have solved this issue, I am going to close this out.
Please reach out to support@glowforge.com should you have any questions and please watch for that email.

Best Regards,