Let It Snow LED Lamp Base

LOL. I guess I am I there and don’t know how I got here. Took about 15mins to design once I figured out what I wanted to do.

3 Likes

I always feel like my stuff can’t be good design if it only takes a few minutes. I struggle with that.

1 Like

Nope, you hit the Zen!
Do you always start with a blank illustrator page, or do you borrow parts from other things you designed?

3 Likes

I always start with a blank page. I try to draw the main piece and then start making additions from there. So for this I knew the size I wanted for the Acrylic and then just built the piece around them.

3 Likes

Thank you very much! This is so pretty. I think the Hobbits do this, don’t they…give gifts to others for their birthday? Wishing you a golden day and many happy returns.

6 Likes

Thanks! I believe you are correct. Time for Second Breakfast!!!

3 Likes

Happy birthday, @designvh619! :pancakes::moon_cake::cake::champagne:
Hope you have many, many more here on the forum!
You made me smile the instant I saw you posted a free design. You and I think alike sometimes. I’ve been thinking about combining wood with an acrylic LED base setup, and you beat me to it. Moreover, after the adventures of the last couple of days, I was bound and determined to come up with a free design as well - to celebrate the fact that we can - and are undiminished in our willingness to share. I’m so glad you felt the same. :heart_eyes: So I too set to work… Just refining and will post in a bit.

3 Likes

Thank you so much! I feel it is paramount to give designs away. There are so many people that are just starting out designing and may want to do something similar but can’t figure out how. When we share, they can get the idea of how we put pieces together. It may spur them on to even better things. We all win! I can’t wait to see what you come up with!

6 Likes

Just to be sure - did you use proofgrade medium cherry ply for this? I know the tolerances can be different, and I hate having to sand those small tabs… haha. Want to use exactly what you used!

1 Like

I love the design! Thanks so much for your generosity in sharing it! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

PG Medium Walnut and PG Medium Acrylic

You are welcome!

Ah, walnut! Thanks! I have some of that…

1 Like

I edited the main post. I always forget to say what I used to make it. Getting ready to post another file. I am feeling very generous today. LOL

1 Like

Where do you find the LED base for it?

1 Like

Here is the Base. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07JCSM7NR/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_i_176SDbKA2984E

1 Like

that is AWESOME-thanks for sharing this and the link…i might just like you a whole lot…(grin)

1 Like

Lol. Thanks!

“I never make plans, when I do - the word premeditated starts getting tossed around.”

6 Likes

Aww, how nice of you to share a gift for all of us on your birthday! Happy birthday, Victor!!

Martha

5 Likes