Let it Snow -- Nope!

I came up with a silly idea last year, of making a wreath to put on my door. But instead of “Let it Snow” I did “Better Not Snow”. It is funny because I live in Georgia.

Then I realized that I don’t do door wreaths, so this partial project has languished on my tablet since then. Better that it be free and maybe someone else with a silly sense of humor that lives in a warm winter area can take it and run with it.

The word “Snow” is a different color in case someone wants to cut it by itself to create a layer instead of engrave.

Enjoy!

better-not-snow

35 Likes

Love it! Thanks for the share!

12 Likes

So cute, thanks for the share. Still applies to where it snows…sometimes it snows so much you start saying this:-)

15 Likes

After growing up in Utah, then coming back to do college at Utah State, I’m definitely over the snow! Nor do I wish to visit family for the holidays, since I also no longer own any clothes/coats for lower than 40 degrees :snowman:

13 Likes

In Missouri we get our fair share of snow and frigid temperatures as well as heat and humidity in the summer. I have to say I would ‘miss’ playing in the snow if I didn’t live here. We have family get togethers and go sledding at least once in the winter. Our adult men like to sled but they use trucks, etc. and make it crazy enough to cause some concern…maybe because i’m getting older :rofl:

13 Likes

Thank you for sharing! This is really cute. I live in Savannah, GA, so this is hilarious to me, too :peach:

8 Likes

Ha ha. This is great

9 Likes

Georgia here too…we just are equipped for snow…we get it once every few years so there’s not much sense in investing in snow equipment. I drive a keep so I’m good to go lol

9 Likes

I think it would go great in 90 degree Tampa. I was in Miami in 1977 when it did snow there but it was mid January I think.

7 Likes

Thank you @ellencadwell, @MrsxSmith, @wenning08, @rhianna600, and @rbtdanforth! Are all of you in the South?

5 Likes

Depending on definition. According to some The South is north of here.

6 Likes

I’m in ohio. I hate the snow.

6 Likes

We’re so close! I’m just up the road in Bluffton. Recent southern transplant from Wisconsin, and don’t miss the Sno(w)pe!

8 Likes

The South stops at the FL line, then you’re going further North the further south you drive. It’s a thing.

When I lived in NOLA we were never the South either, more the northernmost point in the Caribbean in many ways with heavy French and Spanish influence. A weird and wonderful place.

9 Likes

This is great, I’m in Canada and as such I’m afraid to make this in case Mother Nature thinks I’m issuing a challenge! :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

:sweat_smile: yes, I should have wrote, “Geographical South” :joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat:

I lived in Fort Myers, FL and Jacksonville, NC, before settling in Georgia, and agree, Florida is definitely not the South! One main reason for that is that only after air conditioning was invented did Florida start filling up, population wise. Which means nearly everyone is an immigrant over the last 50-60 years or so, and mostly from the rest of the East coast states. Wonderful to learn about NOLA, I love Caribbean food and music :heart_eyes_cat:

@awebs76 this would definitely be red cape waved in front of Mother Nature in Canada! :joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat:

5 Likes

Marine?

My daughter lived up there for a while. It convinced her to join the Army! :grin:

4 Likes

I’m in East Tennessee, about halfway between Knoxville and Bristol.

1 Like

Got it in one, since who would choose to live there otherwise :sweat_smile::joy_cat::joy_cat: That was nearly 20 years ago, so my memory is pretty hazy, but it was nice to be relatively close to the beach!

I’ve been combing the forum lately and stumbled on your daughter’s Army grad pics – very neat, and congrats to her! Although it floors me that any service’s “boot camp” would allow any contact more than just mailed letters :hushed: So weird to have access to a cell phone, no matter the time limit!

3 Likes

BCT was once per week (15min on Sundays) but AIT was any time not on duty. 68W. She just moved to HI.

2 Likes