Let's Learn the Colors of the rainbow kids item

Hello:
I am trying to make this item - Let’s Learn the Colors of the Rainbow - and no instructions come with it. It has the sun, some clouds and rain drops, then rainbow colors w/ the words - I THINK - on the bottom piece, and the rainbows, sun, clouds, etc are cut out of the other.
I pressed start and 30 min later THOUGHT it would be done - or at least queue me to put in the 2nd sheet. It was basically finished, said done, but… it only has the words etched in.
I ignored that part and left the last 3 to do their thing - but now I think I just wasted a board, because it looks like it’s cutting the sun out of the bottom piece - and I’m sure it’ll do the rainbow, so those pieces… I THINK - should be on the top board, but I didn’t put a new piece in.
Yikes. What did I do wrong? Better yet, how do I fix it? thanks
Judy

Maybe pictures would help us better understand the problem. Just drag and drop them in your reply.
Welcome to the forum. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

The entire design will fit on one Proofgrade sheet in a Performance printer. Which Glowforge do you have? There are two layers, as you determined. The bottom board is engrave only. The top piece will cut out the pieces of the rainbow, score and cut the sun, score the small raindrops, cut the large raindrop, cut the cloud and cut around the outlines of both boards. Then you paint the pieces and glue the top board to the bottom one creating the puzzle.

4 Likes

that’s just about what my screen looked like. I sort of figured out the bottom piece had the words, and the top piece would cut out the sun, clouds, rain and rainbows. It did. But - do I have to move the pic that’s on the right - over to the left and sit it on top of the one w/ the blue words? Or does it just know what it’s supposed to do?

2 Likes

They are cut separately. Then you place one on top of the other when they have been completely engraved and cut (and painted). You glue the two pieces together.

4 Likes