Lid adhesive failed

I have had my pro awhile but seldom use it. Now I need to cut some .04" acrylic pieces (100 pieces) and I am having problems trying to cut from a 12" x 20" blank. Help Mr. Wizard

How is your title related to your post?
There are many posts about this, and I think @raymondking32 is the expert on it.

2 Likes

When you post in Problems and Support, you open a support ticket. For this sort of question, “Everything Else” would be a much better option. And the misleading title is not cool. You’re wasting Support’s time when other people really need their help.

The community would be happy to help you, but not knowing the shapes of what you want to fit into the sheet, there’s really not much we can offer.

1 Like

My current problem is that the lid does not close properly because the adhesive strip holding the lid to the hinges has failed. I assume this throws the camera off because the vectors displayed don’t fit the blank setting flat on the tray. I am sorry I wasn’t clear enough.

Yeah, that didn’t come through at ALL in your initial post. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’d your machine under warranty? If not, go look in the Beyond the Manual section for home repair options. Otherwise, hang tight and Support will be along soon to help.

I’m so sorry to hear that you’re running into trouble! In order to help narrow down the snag, I’d like to take a look at the separation you’re noticing on your Glowforge’s lid.

When you have a moment, could you please provide a couple of images of the hinges and lid of your Glowforge where you are noticing the seperation?

Once we can review these images, we’ll send over the next best steps.

I am curious about recommended fixes for this issue as well.
I just noticed yesterday that the lid adhesive on the right side failed on my unit as well.
Pretty sure mine (a basic) is out of warranty, I’ve had it since March 2018. It hasn’t gotten as much usage as it should, so the failure could have happened any point in the last couple months while I’ve been distracted by real life.
I am still able to cut (did a couple test runs just to be sure after noticing the problem), and was very careful about not lifting the lid any more than necessary, in order to try to keep the other side from breaking loose and coming completely unhinged.

The only official recommendation support can provide is to ship the unit in for repair. Your warranty was six months from purchase.

Otherwise, if you want to fix it yourself, use info on this forum as referenced above.

You should open your own support ticket by starting a new thread here in P&S if you want input from staff. Otherwise look over in Beyond the Manual for solutions other customers have come up with.

It’s been a little while since I’ve seen any replies on this thread so I’m going to close it. If you still need help with this please either start a new thread or email support@glowforge.com.