Lid camera alignment: edges unusable

You know what was kind of cool about the silver trays? With time and use, the usable cutting area blackens on the tray. You can place material exactly based on where the smoke residue starts. :smile:

(But the spacers work just as well, so definitely cut a couple from some scrap…I use those things a lot more than I thought I would for squaring up material.) :wink:

7 Likes

Good idea. I’ve got a few 1 x 4 and a 1 x 2 blocks I will drop across the front as registers. Place the material and remove the block(s).
As Jules said, I can eyeball the edge now :sunglasses: Think I’m gonna keep this tray and cough up the $150 for it. This thing bears the scars of my journey (besides, I like the contrast in the UI).

IKR? At the moment I glanced around for something to register against - scrap lumber ends to the rescue. :no_mouth:

2 Likes

I apologize for the delay in my response.

Your Glowforge can currently print up to 11 x 19.5 in. Engravings take extra room to speed up and slow down, so the area may be a bit smaller. We’re working on software improvements that will increase the printable area as well as the camera’s field of view.

4 Likes