Lid Camera Calibration Beta

I did this 5 times. It worked the second time, but it was way off after the refresh test with the preview score. I tried three more times and it kept saying that it was interrupted. Now it’s way worse than what it used to be. I can remask the draftboard, but this is getting kind of crazy.

Edit: Is there a way to roll back my calibration to the one before this one? Didn’t think to ask until later.

1 Like

Yes, they can roll back your settings. All you have to do is ask. :grinning:

That has new nuances this year…

5 Likes

I had this exact issue, too: using set focus on the extreme right of the cutting area–even though both the target and the set focus crosshairs were in their respective (and different) allowable zones–caused a crash of the head resulting in lost steps on and a large error in placement.

I’m thinking the reason my initial calibration didn’t work exactly perfectly was because there was some warpage in the sheet of draftboard. Is it OK to tape the edges down, or does the camera need to see the exactly square edges of the draftboard in order for this to work?

yes, you need the board to be as flat as possible.

even better than tape, use some of your scrap 1/8" material and make some of these hold-down pins to put around the edges of the board.

2 Likes

My cable arrived and was fitted Thursday, that got me back up and running ( THANK YOU )
I did a couple of quick test cut/engraves to make sure everything was as it should be and then carried out the calibration. Made a big difference, not perfect still a little off on the RHS but better than previous. THANK YOU AGAIN!

4 Likes

For the record, pretty sure you mean “The Candy Man” because “the Candyman” is something so much less pleasant…

5 Likes

Really? (No doubt a movie I haven’t seen.) :smile:
I was thinking of the one in the song from Willy Wonka. (Sorry @dan.)

1 Like

I’m not sure I’ve seen it either, but it’s definitely a slasher horror movie… :wink:

2 Likes
2 Likes

Okay, yeah, that definitely was not the Candy Man i was referring to. :rofl:

2 Likes

Perhaps it is an age thing but I am remembering the novel made movie about a rich southern girl brought low. I was thinking it was Faulkner as it is his style but in any case not a compliment.

2 Likes

No, I wasn’t referring to that kind of Candy Man either. :rofl:
(For pity’s sake!)

2 Likes

Considering the addictive nature of making stuff on the Glowforge the distance might not be so much. :candy::lollipop:

2 Likes

I have been trying to run the new calibration, but have been unsuccessful. Attached is the error message I keep receiving.

I have tried:

• Turning unit on/off
  • Resetting router
  • Turned off all devices connected to wifi
  • 2 different proofgrade medium draftboards front/back
  • Removed/cleaned the crumb tray
  • Cleaned the machine to make sure it closed correctly
  • Cleaned cameras and lenses

I’ve definitely heard it used this way, as well, although I think the book might be a slightly more obscure reference.

And I agree that it might be the most appropriate reference of all. :slight_smile:

I’m pretty pleased with the recalibration. I think this was a brilliant decision to jump on this asap.

2 Likes

There’s a camera for focusing on the bottom of the head; have you cleaned that one too? I think that solved this problem for one person.

Yes, I removed/cleaned the lens and also the mirror on the top of the head under the logo plate.