Lid camera dark spot, can it interfere with calibration?

Hello

Ever since I got my Glowforge I noticed a dark spot on the camera view that is always present on the same spot in the middle of the left side, it looks like a smear (see image below). I’ve tried cleaning the camera with the recommended wipes but it remains there so it’s either software or on the inside of the lens/cover It’s never been a problem but I’m planning on doing the lid camera calibration soon and I’m wondering if it could become a problem then.

Has anyone seen this before? And does anyone know if it could be a problem when I do the calibration?

Thanks!

I’d recommend going ahead with the calibration. Doesn’t seem like it would interfere with anything, but that’s probably the only way to find out! (They can roll back the calibration if the results aren’t to your liking.)

2 Likes

Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.