Lid camera dark spot

Hello,

Finally setting up my :glowforge: I received today. I noticed there is a black spot on the right side of the picture. I wanted to know if there is any way I can fix this? I tried cleaning the lid camera as well.

Thanks!

Update:
Tried cutting the Gift of Good Measure Keychain using medium draft board and I noticed the circles didn’t cut all the way through. It was still hard to push out.

Oh man, that’s the pits. Looks like something got into the camera and there’s really no way for you to get it out. The camera shouldn’t move and once something gets inside the housing it’s something support will have to deal with. (Almost looks like a hair maybe?) Welcome to the GF community and forum BTW!

1 Like

Thank you @kittski :heart: I figured it was something stuck in the camera :sob:

Thank you for the warm welcome! Super excited to be here. Have been following :glowforge: for about 2 years now and my husband bought it for me as a surprise birthday gift :blush:

3 Likes

100 to 1 Support will suggest replacing it because of the spot. Based on similar issues. Hope you are not International.

3 Likes

Oh man, hubby’s a keeper! You’re going to love this machine and can’t wait to see what you make with it. (We all live vicariously through each other. ) :slight_smile:

Don’t let this hiccup dampen things for you, support will take care of it. (I agree with rpegg, if it’s something in the camera, it will mean a replacement machine as they can’t fix it remotely.) Those cuts were soooo close and the rest of the GGM keychain looks really good and clean so it’s hard to know if it was a slight variation in the draftboard or?? The cool thing about how the GF works is support can immediately look at your machine logs to see if something is off. If you want to play a bit more while waiting for support you can try taking the speed down or power up by 5 or so and see how it goes.
Happy Birthday! :cake:

2 Likes

@rpegg Thank God I am not international :cold_sweat:

@kittski I was jumping around when I got home from work like a little kid today. He had told me a package came but I don’t recall ordering it anything! Don’t worry, the camera wouldn’t crush my mood. I’m too overly excited to make things hahaha. Yes yes, the cuts are close. I did another cut with the same :proofgrade: draft board and it came out perfect! So I think so far the machine minus the camera is ok.
Thank you for the birthday wishes :smiley_cat:

3 Likes

Congratulations on your new Glowforge! I’m sure they will get you squared away as quickly as possible! It’s an exciting time … wow! What an incredible surprise gift from your husband!!!

2 Likes

If I were you, I’d go ahead and keep using it. If they suggest a replacement, they suggest a replacement, but don’t let that stop you in the meantime.

2 Likes

Thank you @ptodd! I’m sure they would :slightly_smiling_face: And yes!! I didn’t expect to come home to this :sob: (happy tears)

@jbmanning5 yeah, I planned to keep on using this. The spot doesn’t seem to bother the machine overall. Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Make sure the tray is seated in the dimples and is flat in place.

Try using the Set Focus (under the gear icon) to make sure it’s getting the precise height.

Yeah, I lurked through the forum and I did those steps before my 2nd and 3rd cut last night and it came out perfect :ok_hand:t2:

Super excited to design and make more !!

6 Likes

Unfortunately, it looks like your unit is experiencing an issue that we can’t resolve remotely. I want you to have a reliable unit, so I’m recommending we replace this one. I’ll be in touch via email to sort out the details. I’m so sorry about the bad news.

1 Like